Monday, March 18, 2024

Just 10 Minutes

Well, I finally got myself to the park to walk today. It might not seem like a big deal to some of you, but it was to me. I've been borderline depressed since right after Christmas and so tired (which goes along with depression) and just could not get the energy together to walk.

I managed to keep my house clean, fix myself food, and even pick up the grandkids from school some of the time, but those things used all my available energy. Many of you won't get that, but some of you will...if you know, you know.
The ironic thing is, exercise helps combat depression and gives you an energy boost, but to get to the mood-lifting, energy enhancing stage, you have to take that first step.
So I did that, late this afternoon. It was 46 degrees; a little brisk, but I prefer being cold to being hot. So off I went. It's my hope that I can do this 3 or 4 days a week.
If you're having a similar struggle, just tell yourself you'll walk for 10 minutes. Just 10 minutes. It's better than nothing; you have to start somewhere. It worked for me. I actually walked for 20 minutes. Once I was out there, it was easier to put one foot in front of the other.
It felt good to be out in nature, in the crisp early spring (late winter?) air. I took a few pictures along the way. I think I must have missed the daffodils; there were none to be found in the park. I did see some purple irises, though they were a little wilted from last night's frost. It got down to about 28 overnight.
That's all for now. This old curmudgeon can still get outside, and it does me good when I make the effort.
Blessings, my friends.

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment