Saturday, February 11, 2023

Happy New(ish) Year and Assorted Other Stuff

Well, here it is February, and I haven't posted in my blog. There's a reason for this. I thought I would spend a little time catching you up on my blog-posting saga.

A few months ago, I became very discouraged because it seemed no one wanted to read my blog anymore. I noticed that lots of people read my Facebook posts, though. So I'm not sure what the disconnect is concerning my blog. I used to post a link to it on my Facebook page and people clicked on the link and read it. Then people quit doing that but they were reading my FB posts. I was confused.

I decided to post on FB first, then copy and paste it to my blog, just so I could keep it. Facebook has changed so much over the years, and I was concerned that I would lose those posts. Posting them to my blog seemed the logical choice. 

This worked for a while, then in the busyness of the Holiday season (this is my excuse, and I'm sticking with it!) I kept forgetting to post my FB posts to my blog.

So here we are in February 2023, as I stated earlier. I am back to the drawing board. I've decided I'm going to be posting on my blog so I can keep the posts for material for my book writing, and I will also post the same content to Facebook.

This content, starting with New Year's Day, will be below. This post may be a little long, but I'm reasonably sure no one is going to read this since I've already posted this to my FB. This is just so it's on the blog.

Dec 31:

Pizza and season 5, episode 10 of The Crown to start off the rollicking New Year’s Eve festivities at my house. I've been saving the last episode
for tonight. After that, I’ll have to figure out a movie to watch, or I may just read. It’s my choice. ☺️ #quietnightin #singlelifeiswonderful #nye2022
#happynewyear2023

January 2:
Watching the Rose Parade with all its marching bands and beautiful, flower covered floats while I eat my pancakes. #iloveaparade #newyeartradition


January 6: Today is Epiphany, and yes, my tree is still up. All my Christmas decor, a little in every room, is still in place. I will start to put some of it away in the coming week, but I’m always sad about it. My house looks so plain to me after the Christmas tree and decor are once again boxed up and exiled to the garage. I wanted one last picture before I start this process. It’s been a good season for me and I’m thankful for that. #ilovechristmas #blessedandgrateful


January 20: I had dinner (and birthday cake!!!) at my daughter’s house tonight for my 68th birthday. I have also talked to both of my sons on the phone. I have a ton of posts on Facebook at last count!






January 25: I woke up to a beautiful snowy wonderland this morning. I measured 6 inches on my back porch rail, but I really think we had more like 7-8 inches. It was 33 most of the time it was snowing, so it melted some along the way.
As beautiful as it is, I believe it was prettier last night before most of the snow fell from the tree branches. My neighbor had their porch light on in the pictures I took.
It’s such a wet, heavy snow; my cedar tree in the front is nearly breaking from the weight.

Edit: according to KOLR 10 in Springfield (the only news I can get because I just have paramount+ app on Roku) we got 10.5 inches of snow in Mountain Home! I only measured the porch; I didn’t venture out into the yard to measure. Wow. No wonder it’s still here, and that explains why so many are without power still today. I’m thankful I didn’t lose power.

❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️


This is all for this post. I will post again in a day or two to bring it up to date.




No comments:

Post a Comment