Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Full-On Christmas Season

Hey y’all. Just checking in. This is my version of a blog these days. I will also post this on my blogspot, too, so I can keep track of it.

I write for fun, because I love it, but also to share the love of Jesus and hopefully encourage and spread some joy here and there.
Usually late at night like this I’ll get inspired and just ramble on and on. It’s currently 11:34 pm, but I’m retired so who cares? I have no appointments tomorrow. (I love that!)
Ok. So….It’s after Thanksgiving, so those of you who really know me realize that it’s full-on Christmas everything now:
I’m wearing some type of Christmas clothing or earrings every day, (my cousin Peggy got me started doing that that over 20 years ago), Christmas music is playing in the house (when I’m not watching a Christmas movie), Christmas music plays in the car, and my humble abode is fully decorated for the season.
Well, all but the last one, anyway. I’ll get there. 🤣
I used to be a real grinch, but something shifted in me a few years ago. I have slowly begun to realize His truth. I know the true meaning of this season and it brings me great joy. I’m happy, ok?
I’ve also found freedom in just being me. I have no agenda; I’m not out to prove anything or impress anyone. My decor is simple, maybe even cheesy, but it’s heartfelt. It makes me happy. I am not a decorator by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I put a little seasonal decor in each room.
The tree is up and the house is *almost* all decorated. Yes, it’s only a 2 bedroom duplex, but I’ve been busy. I’m working on it, but I’ve also been reading some great “un-put-down-able” books this month. Priorities, y’all. I’ll report on that soon.
I should be finished “Christmas-ing” the house in a couple of days. Until then, keep calm and carry on (as the Brits say). ☺️
I love this time of year! 🎄🎄🎄
“When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.” Matt. 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment