Monday, October 31, 2022

From the Patio...Sort of...

Post from Facebook on Thursday, October 27. Posting on October 31 because I'm now starting to post long Facebook posts to my blog.

Long post ahead: grab some coffee.


Well, it’s a crisp 42 degrees on the patio this morning. As you can see, I’m inside. I took the picture from my back door around 8:30 when I was weighing the pros and cons of going out to the patio; just before I made coffee and heated the half & half and frothed it. Yum.

Side note: One of my best Amazon purchases in 2020, when I was staying safe and working from home was a little battery operated
milk-frother. I don’t always take the time for it, but today I did. It’s that kind of morning.

For me, it’s little too cool to sit on the patio without getting fully dressed. Not feeling it this morning; I’d rather sit in my recliner in my pajamas, sipping my coffee with the warm, frothy milk in it.

But it’s a glorious fall morning without a cloud in the sky. The sun hadn’t topped the trees when I first got up, but because so many leaves fell during our wonderful rain we got earlier this week, it can now be seen peeking through the almost bare trees even before that.

As it does this time of year, the sun is coming up much later and farther south. I love fall, and I love the fact that the days are getting shorter. I’m probably not the only one, but maybe just the only one who will admit it. I love sitting on my patio when it’s not too hot or cold, but more than that I just love being home.

I’m an indoorsy type of girl who loves to read, work on my photo albums, write, watch movies, work puzzles, play board and card games (when I have visitors who will participate)and lots of other typically winter activities. I used to do cross-stitch. I may take that up again.

I actually enjoy cleaning and organizing, and I’m on a road to a more minimalist lifestyle, so I’m working on decluttering my house on a regular basis.

That’s who I am and now that I’m old, I’m not afraid to admit it. Or maybe I’m just now realizing it. Either way, I’m owning it.

Happy Thursday! Or should I say, happy Friday Eve for those of you in the work force who are eagerly awaiting the weekend. ☺️🍁🍂

No comments:

Post a Comment