Monday, June 21, 2010

Family and Fun

It was 96 in the shade in the Williamsburg area when I was there on vacation.  I'm sure the heat index was over 100.  The air was oppressive; it made it difficult to do anything that required exertion...like walking.  We were only out in it for a couple of hours at Yorktown, but we stayed about 4 hours at Busch Gardens and about 5-6 hours each day, 2 days in a row at Colonial Williamsburg.  Add my UTI to the extremely hot weather, and you've got not only a wimpy girl who hates summer and sweating but a sick one.  I felt terrible the first 3 days.  I'm sure I was very whiney.  I began to annoy myself. 

Being with my family made it worth it, and we had a great visit in spite of the oppressive heat. We only see each other about twice a year, so we packed as much into the 5 days I was there as we could.  I savored every moment.  Monday evening, Jeremy came in from Savannah.  We caught the end of Alli's softball game and then we went to Greenleaf for $5 appetizers, which were yummy.

With my family by my side I saw the beautiful gardens of Busch Gardens, toured the historical sights of Yorktown and Colonial Williamsburg, and saw Chesapeake Bay at the mouth of the York River.

I watched Jeff's brilliant performance of the lead role along with the Williamsburg Players in their closing night's production of "Company." 

We watched some of Big Bang Theory, season 2, as well as "What's Up Doc?" with Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neal.

We played new board games I had never heard of. 

We talked, and laughed, and got caught up on each other's lives. We giggled over you tube videos and quoted from the movies they grew up watching. I remembered what great people they are.  Jeff has found the love of his life, Alli, who is a wonderful additon to our family.  I couldn't ask for a better daughter-in-law.

I love my family.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment