Saturday, July 4, 2009

Reflections on rejection

In Isaiah 65, “I permitted Myself to be sought by those who did not ask for Me; I permitted Myself to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said ‘Here am I, here am I,’ to a nation which did not call on My name.”

When I read this, it struck me that it is GOD talking. The following analogy came to me:

He showed up uninvited, like a child who bounced up onto the porch of a “friend,” all excited saying “I’m here!” But to his dismay, he finds out all those he loves are inside, having a party without him. Having no guile in his heart, he was glad to see them, thinking it would be mutual, that they would be glad to see him, too. His thoughts of a fun and happy time with his friends are dashed as the realization that he was not wanted there, not sought. They didn’t even know he was anywhere near as they had a great time. It had never occurred to them to invite him in to join with them in a merry time. One glance in the window caused his heart to break. Dejected, rejected, and unwanted, he turned and walked away slowly.

This is a silly little story, but it all flooded into focus inside me when I read this passage. It broke my heart for my wonderful, loving Father who only wants to love and bless his creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment