Friday, July 3, 2009

field of rocks

Sometimes life can be like being in a field with a lot of sharp rocks. We keep stepping on them—they’re kind of like gravel, too numerous to be avoided. We keep on walking through this field, not properly shod with the "preparation of the gospel of peace" as we are told to do in Ephesians 6. After a while, we become focused on our pain instead of Him. Pain that could have been avoided or at least diminished had we followed all the instructions about putting on our armor.

If we take the time to look up, we will see Jesus, standing in the field and reaching down to take our hand. Of course, by this time we have become completely focused on the pain caused by our poor cut and bleeding feet. How could God have led us into this painful place? Can't He see what it is doing to us? If we just pause and listen, we will hear Him speaking to us. We must stop and listen. He has words of life.

He is saying “Hold on to Me, for I will make those very things that cause you pain to help you. I will cause them to create a step on which you will step to go to higher places.”

The very things now hurting us will eventually allow a way out of the pain. God will bind up our wounds; He promised. What satan means for evil will be used for our good and God’s glory. What wonderful news this is to us!

"I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:1,2

No comments:

Post a Comment