Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Falling Leaves

If you have read my blog before, you will notice that I changed my background. You see, we are getting into my favorite time of year, and I'm so anxious for cool weather, I decided to set the stage on the blog in eager anticipation.  I know, a lot of you like summer.  Well, it's no secret that I don't; in fact I can hardly stand summer. I don't like it above 70 degrees outside, and I hate to sweat.  So I mostly stay inside for the duration of the sweltering Arkansas heat.

If you have been reading a while, you know I have been in a dark time in my life, and most of the time, I have limited my posts to those that could edify or encourage those that come across my page. I'm not sure if this post will be encouraging or not; but I have decided to be real with you. I am starting to come out on the other side, seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel. I have not arrived, though. As Joyce Meyer says, "I'm not where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be!" 

I have come a long way over the years, and this latest dark time is the most challenging one yet. So it was an especially big deal when, during the beautiful, cool Saturday that we just had, I was able to raise a window in each room while I was cleaning house and doing laundry.  The breeze blowing through the house was comforting to me; I think maybe it took me back to a simpler time in my life.  All I know is, I was suddenly aware of how good I have it. I am blessed, regardless of what my feelings tell me.  My feelings are crushed, my heart is still broken, but I have the joy of the Lord in my heart. And I CHOOSE to be happy, because I am truly a blessed woman. I am casting my cares on Jesus; they are falling off me like the falling leaves of autumn. I rejoice in His love and mercy. The season is about to change, and I welcome it, in the natural and in the spirit realm.  

“This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!” Nehemiah 8:10 NLT

"Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones! Praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:4,5 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment