Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Battle is the Lord's

I am reminded tonight of what David said to the Philistines before he killed Goliath: "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied...All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands."  (I Samuel 17:45-47)

Are you facing a battle in your life?  Sometimes the circumstances in which we find ourselves loom like giants over us, and we get scared.  I know I do.  We forget that if we are in Christ we do not face anything alone, because He promised He would always be with us.  He said He would "never leave us nor forsake us."  We can be encouraged in knowing that we have this promise.

I went to the Word tonight for encouragement in a situation in my life, and I found it.  It was too good to keep to myself, though; I really felt like I should share it.  So be encouraged, my friend.  You are not alone. The battle is the Lord's!

No comments:

Post a Comment