Monday, February 1, 2010

The Old is Gone...

It is always amazing to me when I happen upon an element of my former life, something I used to enjoy; some aspect of my life before I accepted Christ as my Savior in 1994.  I think sometimes the Lord lets us forget what we were like so that we can really see the change that He has brought about.  I can take absolutely no credit for the change whatsoever.  It's all God.  He has been at work in me all these years, and I had been feeling a little inadequate lately, somewhat of a failure.  He just let me see that I am not where I used to be, and I was encouraged.   As Joyce Meyer says, "I'm not where I want to be, but praise God I'm not where I used to be."  Thank God!

"...if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 1 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV).

2 comments:

  1. Ok - perusing here... is your testimony of how you came to Christ on here? I had no idea that you became a believer in 94!
    If it's not on here - and you're up to typing it out I would love to hear it.
    If it is on here can you point me in the right direction. :O)
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I thought it was but I think it was the other blog that I put that on. I used to blog at livejournal, but this one is more user friendly. I am on spring break this week and in the process of updating my blog. I'll get it on here. Thanks for asking! :)

    ReplyDelete