Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Tonight I am Thankful

I'm feeling kind of blue tonight, so I sought the Lord. Immediately I heard "in everything give thanks." So here I am, using the 21st century medium of social media to shout it from the rooftops.

I haven't been able to blog lately. The words just wouldn't come. It seemed like I had nothing of any consequence about which to write, no encouraging words, no funny stories. So I kept quiet.

Tonight, though, I know that I must praise the Lord anyway. This may be a very short post, but I can't fall into the trap of feeling I have to have quantity to have quality.  I can and will encourage myself in the Lord. If someone reads this and is encouraged, that's wonderful, but if not, He still deserves my praise and thanks.

Tonight I am focusing on the real meaning of Christmas. I am thankful for it.

He loves me, and you, with an everlasting love. That's what this season is all about; the baby in the manger who came to die for my sins. Who came to die for ALL our sins.  I have spent years trying to comprehend that very truth; to wrap my mind around it. I have accepted Him as my Savior, but wow.
It's such a BIG truth and I'm merely a frail human. How can I possibly ever fully understand?

I don't have the answer to that, but tonight I am here to say:

In everything give thanks.  

I know; it doesn't seem to fit into the Christmas season. It seems like I should be quoting Luke 2 and the story of the birth of Jesus. However, it is the reason for Christmas that I am thankful for. So it does fit.

Are you thankful for the real meaning of Christmas?  Stop for a minute and say thank you to the God of the universe Who loved you and me enough to send His son to live as a human and ultimately die for our sins. He wanted a relationship with us that badly.

Tonight, as I said before, I am thankful in spite of everything that is going wrong in my life right now,

Be blessed. <3

In every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thess 5:18 AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment