Monday, August 18, 2014

Ready, Set, GO!

I've been doing homework tonight in preparation for class, since the professor for one of my classes emailed us a reading list and the assignment for tomorrow. I'm taking a short break and decided to write a short post. 

Tomorrow morning I will attend the first class of my last semester as an undergrad.  This is bittersweet to me. I love school, but even I will admit that I am ready to be finished with the bachelor degree.  I'm excited, apprehensive, and determined all at the same time.

I'm excited because the first day of school just does that to me.  I love learning and embarking on the adventure that comes with a new class with its uncharted territory.  New books, new notebooks, new pens, an unexplored syllabus--these things create a sense of enthusiasm in me like nothing else. Call me a nerd.  Go ahead, you know you want to!

I'm apprehensive, too, though.  After all, this is a senior level course that the instructor has told us can be thought of as on the level of a graduate seminar.  He suggested we might even be able to use our final paper as a writing sample, should we choose to go on to grad school.  So there's that. That part is a little intimidating.

Also, I know nothing about the other class, which will be in the afternoon. This one remains a mystery, which adds to the nerves.

However, there's also the determination I feel. This helps me to overcome the nervousness I experience at taking difficult courses.  I didn't come this far to back down now. I have two more classes to finish--TWO! Six credit hours of coursework to complete a degree I used to only dream of.  Oh yes, I am determined.  I am doing this!  I am excited and nervous, but I am up to the challenge.

So, tomorrow morning I will embark on the last leg of the journey. Sixteen weeks from now, I will be finished, and will walk across the stage in December to accept my diploma.  

Ready or not, here I come!    

"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart."  Psalm 37:4 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment