Sunday, September 30, 2012

Come to Me

This will be a shorter blog than usual. I just have something on my heart I need to share.  I had something else in mind to blog about tonight, but felt led to post this instead.  Maybe someone needed to hear this, maybe I needed to hear it!  I don't know why, I just turned to a familiar scripture tonight:

"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you.  Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."  Matthew 11:28-30 NLT

Perhaps because the load has seemed particularly heavy lately I was in need of reassurance that someone cares about what I am going through.  Yes, He has invited me (and you) to bring all our worries and problems to Him and leave them with Him. This is easier said than done, though, and I find myself fretting over the same stuff this week that I did last week. I am getting better about coming to Him, but I still struggle with leaving everything with Him.  

So, even though I have talked to Him several times today, I talked to Him all the way home from church tonight.  I feel better.  Sometimes something as simple as a few minutes of "venting" is enough.  A couple of good things about venting to Jesus:  He's not going to tell anyone, and He can actually solve our problems!  Not that it's wrong to unload on your spouse or a good friend, but those are not always options.  

So, when's the last time you just told Him everything that's bugging you?  
What about now?  Give Him a chance to show Himself strong in your life.  What have you got to lose?    

No comments:

Post a Comment