Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In the Valley

God protected me in the recent thunderstorms and turbulent weather, and I am so very thankful to Him for that.  I truly do dwell in the promises of Psalm 91.

And yet there is an unsettled feeling.  God is doing something deep within my heart that is not entirely comfortable.  In fact, it is downright painful.  Many times I have asked Him to quiet this storm within me; the storm that rages and yet is unseen and unfelt by those around me, yet it continues.  I read somewhere once that sometimes God will quiet the storm you're in; but sometimes He quiets you and lets the storm rage around you.  I think He has chosen the latter for me. 

So here I am, once again, trying really hard to be still, to let Him quiet me in the storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment