Monday, February 7, 2011

...and because I love you...

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze..."

Sunday at church, we sang a song taken from that scripture, and it continues to be on my mind.  I've been through a little of both in the last few years. At times, it felt like I was going to drown in the tears and sorrow of my circumstances.  Other times, it was so hot, I felt I would suffocate in the flames of the purifying fire that God was using to refine me. Through all of it, though, I survived.  I had God's promise in Isaiah that I would. 

I write this stuff down because I will start to lose sight of it in a few days, weeks, or months.  I have to be reminded of God's promises to me.  I need to be reminded that He has a plan and purpose for my life. 

I gather my courage when I read that He is with me always, like a doting daddy that is holding his little girl's hand as she wades through the stream.  He will not let go of me, but will always be there for me.

I gain strength when I read that He loves me, because, let's face it, we all want to know we are loved.  And just like we tell our loved ones that we love them, and we hope they will tell us--sometimes daily, if that's what it takes, because we are frail humans, and we forget--God tells us that He loves us....DAILY, in His word if we remember to go to His word every day.

And so, that's where I am tonight, one single child of God, needing to be reminded that I am loved in this season of Valentines and hearts and flowers. It has not been an easy season for me in the past few years, but God always gets me through it. 

"...since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you..."


Isaiah 43:1-2, 4. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment