Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ironically FREE!

It's been exactly one year since I moved into my very own little house. I blogged about it then, how that I was sitting here exhausted from a day of moving, and realized that it was Halloween, and therefore my spiritual birthday.  I totally gave my heart over to Jesus on October 31, 1994, sixteen years ago today, and I have never looked back.  Considering that this is the date on which demonic forces are tolerated and even entertained by the general population, this is very ironic.  I even raised my kids to go trick-or-treating back in the day, before I discovered the truth, but in my defense they never dressed up like anything very dark or demonic.

He continues to bless me and provide for me, over and above what I could ask or imagine.  He has set me free from so much bondage!  He has brought me out of depression, a spirit of fear, suicidal thoughts, and complete lack of self-worth.  He continues to be at work in me, chipping away at the layers of damage from years of my being caught in satan's web of deceit. I am constantly realizing that I am walking out of something else that had me bound.  I have even noticed lately that I am not as uncomfortable around people I do not know well, which means He is delivering me from a life-long affliction of shyness.  This might not seem like a big deal, but trust me, coming from a person who used to get physically ill when forced to talk to strangers--it is!  It is a process, and Jesus is walking with me every step. Praise God!  Thank you Jesus, for saving me and delivering me from the wages of sin. 

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20,21).

No comments:

Post a Comment