Friday, June 25, 2010

Hot Water

The lawn needed to be mowed, so I started out early before it got too hot.  We are having an extremely hot and humid June this year.  It already feels like August.

AOG was also coming by to change out my meter.  As I mowed in the back yard, I saw them drive by.  I stopped mowing and went to tell them I was home but in the back yard.  They changed out the meter in 15 minutes or so, and I showed one of them where the gas appliances are.  My heater is electronic ignition, so all that had to be re-lit was the hot water tank.  He lit it and was on his way. 

Mowing without a mask caused me to sneeze quite a bit last night, but I thought it was going to be ok.  However, this morning I awoke feeling dizzy, more like vertigo, which I am quite sure is because of sinus pressure on the inner ear.  I was increasingly dizzy throughout the day.  By about 4:00, I decided I couldn't drive to Justin's party because of it.  I had also discovered that the hot water was no longer hot.  It was lukewarm.  I noticed this when I was getting water for cleaning.  I went and looked at the tank; yes, the pilot light was lit. 

At some point, I decided that maybe I had a gas leak; after all, the problems all started after they changed out my meter.  I finally called the gas company and they sent someone out.  He checked for leaks and there were none.  Then he reached down and turned on the hot water tank.  Apparently, the gas company worker yesterday forgot to turn it back on after he re-lit it. I have never had gas appliances before.  I've always lived in an all electric house or apartment.  So I knew nothin' 'bout turning on a gas water heater.  LOL!

So I should have hot water again by now.  The dizziness is apparently sinus related, because meds helped.

And so ends the last official day of vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment