Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jesus Prayed for Us

Tonight I am thinking about Jesus as He prepared for His death on the cross; a death He went willingly to for you and me.  You can read the whole story in any of the four Gospels in the New Testament:  Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  I am quoting from John because that is where He led me tonight. 

He told the disciples that night "... now I am giving you a new commandment:  Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” (John 13:34,35 New Living Translation) 

He also prayed for his followers; the ones there with Him, as well as you and me, over 2000 years before we were born.  He prayed:

“My prayer is not for the world, but for those you have given me, because they belong to you. All who are mine belong to you, and you have given them to me, so they bring me glory...I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me." (John 17:9-10,20,21 New Living Translation)

Jesus died for you. He sacrificed His life so that you could be with Him forever in Heaven.  He loves you that much. Please don't toss this most precious gift aside.  He gave everything for you, holding nothing back.

Will you accept His gift to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment